23 Mar 2013

All about primers-e.l.f V Inglot

                                                      
I thought I would start with a review of one of the basics and review an under makeup primer. There are tonnes of primers on the market and I do like a lot of them but the reason I chose these two to review is because I have used them on myself and clients for a long time, they are both made from similar ingredients and both have the same textures. When products look the same and claim to do the same things its often hard to distinguish which one you should buy. My aim with this review is to give you my experience on these products and give you the pros and cons so that you can choose which one you would prefer to buy rather than wasting your money on both.

The two products I chose to review are:


1) E.L.F’s Mineral Infused Face Primer

2) Inglot’s Under Makeup Base

e.l.f Mineral Infused Primer

                                                      
Ingot Under Makeup Base

Both products claim to:

-Create a flawless and smooth canvas

-Combat excess oil

-Prep skin for easy application of foundation

-Make foundation last longer

I wouldn’t disagree with any of the above claims. Both products do their job well and I would repurchase both of them.

These products are very similar:

-Both are clear in colour- so no worries with colour matching

-Both have a greasy (not in a bad way) consistency when first applied to your fingers but then once they are applied to the face they give a lovely velvet feel which makes foundation application much easier.

-Both products appear to have silicone in them which is fantastic for smoothing out the skin and filling in any fine lines on the face.


This is the amount of primer you need for your entire face and neck
Before primer is applied-notice the lines on my hand 


Leaves your skin really smooth and matte ready for foundation application.
After primer-notice how much smoother the lines on my hand appear

There are however some differences between the two products:


-The packaging- ELF comes in a pump bottle while Inglot comes in a tube. This to me is the main reason why I like one product over the other. The ELF pump gets clogged and then cannot be used so you then need to open the bottle and scoop out the product with the tube from the pump (which can often break away) so I feel you do loose some product at the end of the bottle.!! Inglot’s packaging on the other hand allows you to get right down to the last drop of product. Its not the most glamorous packaging (especially when compared to ELF) but it is practical and allows you to get the best value for your money by squeezing out every drop.

-You only need a tiny amount of either of these products as they spread fantastically. If using the ELF pump it dispenses too much product which not only wastes the product but also makes you apply too much of the product to your face which can make you oily and make your foundation clumpy. Inglot’s primer would do the same if too much was applied but the tube allows you to dispense only a small amount….problem solved.

-The price is also another difference. ELF primer is around 7.50euro (less p&P) and Inglot is 22euro. For this price you get 14g of ELF and 30ml of Inglot. When you compare the cost per ml/g there isn’t much of a price difference so it really does depend on how much excess cash you have at that particular time.

-I do feel at times that the ELF one can cause a slight breakout on my super sensitive skin but the Inglot one doesn’t seem to do this.

- The Inglot primer seems to controls oil more than the ELF one which is only really important if you have skin prone to oiliness. Neither primers make your skin produce more oil, the Inglot one in my opinion just controls the oil produced naturally by your skin a little more than the E.L.F one.


E.L.F primer pump packaging (14g) 

                                         
 

Inglot primer tube packaging (30ml)

Which one I would buy first would depend really on the following:


YOUR MAKEUP EXPERIENCE: If you are new to primers I would recommend the E.L.F primer simply because you get to experience a really high quality primer that gives high end brands a run for their money for under 8euro. Also some people do not like the texture of this type of primer so instead of splurging your money this product is great way to see If you like it before buying a more expensive product.

YOUR BUDGET: If your budget won’t stretch very far I would recommend E.L.F. If you fancy splashing out a little I would go for the Inglot one (although 22euro isnt alot consondering the amount of product you get and the quality of the product).

YOUR SKIN: If your skin is super sensitive like mine I would recommend Inglot as I do believe E.L.F can cause break outs on some skins.

Overall both products are very good and I would recommend either of them depending on how much money you can and are willing to spend on a primer. If I wasn’t concerned with money though I would tend to choose the Inglot one. It’s a well rounded product with great value for money and I haven’t had any problems with it and as stated before I have used it excessively on both myself and clients. However, thats not to say that if you buy the E.L.F one that you will be wasting your money because this really is NOT the case. The E.L.F primer is a really good quality product. Inglot are a more luxurious brand so they have probably spent more money into the development of this primer hence it has an edge over the E.L.F one.

E.L.F Cosmetics can be bought at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk while Inglot Cosmetics can be bought at Inglot shops nationwide. Visit http://www.inglotireland.com/our-stores for a list of Irish stores.

Thank you for reading my review and please feel free to share this review with your friends. I would love to hear your experience on these primers or any other primers so please feel free to comment below. Also if you have any questions please comment below or contact me via facebook or email. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great post and this cosmetic products are really good, Inglot cosmetics is available online only on this site Majorbrands.in

    ReplyDelete