28 Apr 2013

Product Review- Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan


So, I know nearly every Irish blogger has reviewed the new Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tan by Marissa Carter but I also know some of my followers have 
asked have I tried it so I thought I would write this review to let you all know my honest thoughts on this product.


Love the packaging, easy to use and not messy at all

Well first off I have to say I do like this tan, after only two uses its not my favourite tan of all time (that could change with more applications, I do tend to change my mind alot!?) but it does give some of the high end brands a run for their money!! It is a great tan that gives a lovely colour and glow to the skin and for a really reasonable price. I will definitely be repurchasing!!


Cocoa Brown is the brain child of Marissa Carter (owner of Carter Beauty, Blackrock Dublin). I had no doubt that this tan would be a great product as Marissa is know for her exceptional work in the beauty industry and so I knew this tan would be up to the same standard! I just LOVE spending money on products that I know someone has put so much work and pride into. It makes it all the more easier to part with your hard earned cash I think.

So here are a few of the things I like about this tan
  • Its Irish, and we all know I am a massive fan of supporting our own!!
  • So inexpensive (€7 in Penneys, €7.99 everywhere else)
  • Mousse consistency so dries almost instantantly
  • Colour guide allows you to see where the product is going
  • It smells really lovely which is strange for a fake tan (the smell is Tahitian Gardinia to be exact)
  • LOVE the fact that it develops in 1 hour and can be rinsed off after that time or can be left on for longer if you require a darker tan. The tan stops developing after 3 hours. I love that you can apply this in the evening and rinse it off before bed as I find it very difficult to sleep while stinking of fake tan.
  • It doesn't have the usual "sticky" fake tan feel off it. 
  • I actually used this on my face (which I wouldn't normally do) and it hasn't caused any breakouts!!!
  • It does not contain DHA (tanning agent) so is great for sensitive skins. It instead contains vegetable derived tanning agents
  • It leaves the skin sunkissed as opposed to tangoed


I mentioned that I love that it dries instantly but this can also be a con as you have to work super quick and make sure you really work it in to the skin which can be daunting on first application as you are not sure of the product, trial and error is the only way forward I think. But be warned this bad boy dries quicker than any tan I have ever used before. 
I would also suggest (and it is suggested on the packaging also) that you exfoliate really well prior to use and use a light moisturiser on dry areas (ankles, knees, elbows) .
I would apply this product with a mitt because it is super quick drying so it may be too late to wash your hands!!

 
After application     After 1 hour        After 3 hours

I applied this tan in the evening time.When first applied it gives a light tan to the skin (this is the colour guide), I then took a picture after 1 hour and then after 3 hours and I then rinsed the product off. You will notice the colour guide wash off in the shower but don't worry its not the tan coming off!! It doesn't leave you with a really intense tan but more of a natural bronzed look that on my skin looked very natural. I have read reviews that people say they applied it on two consecutive nights and it was too dark. I did not do this but I did apply it after two nights after the first application and I think it gave me a nicer tan the second time round. I was really happy with the colour after two applications, it wasn't too dark for me.

Overall, I am really impressed with this innovative product and I do think it is worth a buy and would definitely recommend everyone tries it out, especially because it is so darn reasonable and plus we have to support the Irish!!

This is only the first in a range of Cocoa Brown products I believe so I am really excited to see what Marissa has in store for us!!

I would love to know your thoughts on this product if you have tried it. I hope you all have a wonderfully sun-kissed week and I will chat to you all later.

Love Anita xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment