21 Jul 2013

Nivea's Newest Shower Treat

I am a pamper princess without a doubt. I love anything that allows me to spend extra time preening myself in the mornings. So when I seen the new Nivea In-Shower Moisturiser I wasn't too push on trying it because I though firstly, that it would cut out my favourite morning ritual of moisturising from head to toe and secondly, I thought it wouldn't moisturise me as well as a normal body butter would. But my blogger instinct to try all things new got the better of me and I picked it up not expecting too much.



So what exactly is it I hear you say? Well basically its a body lotion that you use in the shower after washing yourself with your shower gel. It needs to be applied to wet skin as the lotion is activated by water. Once you have it rubbed in you can then rinse it off and there is no need to moisturise after getting out of the shower, handy huh?


Well, what did I think of it? I actually love this product. It really does moisturise my skin very well and although it feels remarkably strange not applying moistuiser to my dry skin after the shower there really is no need to. My skin stays hydrated all day long and the best thing about this product is that it leaves 0% sticky residue on my skin.....or on my shower tray when I come to think of it! It couldn't be easier to use. The no fuss flip cap makes squeezing the products while you have soaking wet hands very simple and the lotion itself has a light texture but not too running so it doesn't run off your hands and down the plug hole.

If you are a fan of the infamous Nivea scent then you won't be disappointed with this purchase because it well and truly smells like the old school moisturisers I used when I was a teenager.

Another thing I was a little anxious about was that I thought it wouldn't work well with my fake tan and would lift some of it off but infact I think it makes it last longer if anything.


Nivea's In-Shower Moisturiser is available in both Dry and Normal skin formulas. I only tried the dry skin formula. I don't really have dry skin on my body but love nothing more than a really hydrating body lotion so thought it best to opt for this version. This product comes in a 250ml or a 400ml bottle and is on offer at the moment in Boots or on www.boots.ie.

Overall, I am really impressed with this purchase. I don't use it everyday because as I said before I love to make my morning time routine as long as possible but I definitely adore this for mornings when I am in a rush because I feel that I am not compromising a step in my routine as I still get great hydration from this. I don't think it would be great for anyone with really scaly dry skin but for everyone else I think its a must have.....

No comments:

Post a Comment