10 Sept 2013

Sarah G Cosmetic Product Review

Sarah Mc Gough is the creator and owner of Sarah G Cosmetics. She is Irish born, living in the UK. I have been a fan of Sarah as a makeup artist for awhile now and have lusted after her products for ages.  So I decided to treat myself after my exams to some of her products. I emailed Sarah and asked which she thought was the most popular products and she very promptly replied to say that "The Face Kit" was by far the most popular and also her mascara and lipsticks were great sellers. So I decided to give them all a go.
Shipping was very fast so I got my products in no time and was dying to try them out. I have them several weeks now but really wanted to give them a thorough testing before I let you all know my thoughts on them. 



Let me start with my favourite, "The Face Kit". It is a really cute little black compact that contains four eyeshadows, a bronzer and a blush. The four shadows are all shimmery and come in the following colours, a champagne colour, a yellow gold, a dark brown with a goldish shimmer and a beautiful charcoal grey. The bronzer is matte which to me is an essential for contouring and the blush is the most amazing shimmery pinkish coral colour. The compact also consists of a large mirror (the full size of the compact) and some brushes which if I am honest I threw away because I don't like the little brushes that come with compacts, I would much rather more product than brushes because I could sell brushes at this stage, but I am sure others would definitely find them useful.


I used "The Face Kit" on the eyes here and also the bronzer and a very small amount of the blush on the cheeks!

I love the choice of colours in this palette. I feel they would be perfect for a simple day look or for a more sophisticated night time smoky eye look. The only thing I did find missing from the palette was a matte brown shade for the crease but me being one for experimenting I used the matte bronzer in the crease as a blending matte shade and it works so well. I actually love the colour as it has a slight reddish tone off it with really compliments my eye colour (you can see this colour in the picture above, just slightly blended over the dark brown shade to add transition from dark to light). The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is amazing. They have fantastic colour pay off and are so creamy to touch and blend effortlessly. The shade I love most is the champagne shade which I love for highlighting under the brow bone and in the inner corner of my eyes. I also adore this for highlighting my cheek bones. These eyeshadows definitely give the more expensive, overpriced brands a run for their money. The bronzer is the perfect shade, its great for contouring but is equally as nice for adding a bronzed glow to the face without looking in any way orange! I am definitely going to have to see if this comes in a full size because I am mad about this product and would love it as a separate compact. And the blush.....what can I say, its just a really pretty, just pinched colour that adds a luminosity to the cheeks. 

TOP left bronzer, right blush. MIDDLE all shadows in order as above and BOTTOM is the charcoal used with damp brush as liner.

I would suggest using an eye shadow primer with these shadows to ensure that they last all day. I have had no issues with them not lasting but I always recommend using a primer with shadows that are very soft in texture as they tend to crease easier on the eyes. The charcoal colour tends to be a little more chalky than the others so a primer will sort this out, also I found wetting this colour works very well as an eyeliner. This "Face Kit" can be purchased for £25 or €29.72 which is amazing value for what you get in this kit.

In my eyes this palette is perfect for travel or for putting in your handbag as you have everything you need for a daytime or evening eye look. You have a bronzer, a blush and a  facial highlighter (the lightest of the eyeshadows)....if you took this on your holidays you would have your eyes, and face completely sorted. All you would need is foundation, powder, lipstick and mascara and any other little extras you might want to bring along with you. 

My next purchase was one of the lipsticks in the shade "107 Pink Lady". This is in my eyes the perfect pink shade of lipstick. I adore Mac's Creme Cup and Chatter Box lipsticks but I find one too light and one too deep sometimes for everyday wear. Pink Lady by Sarah G Cosmetics is a mix of both of these shades. Its not too pale and not too bright, its a very wearable and pretty pink shade. The formulation is creamy and has a lovely sheen to it again making it very easy to wear. Its a very opaque colour which is great because the colour that's in the tube is what you will get on your lips, nothing worse than a lipstick that looks good in the packaging but not as nice on the lips. I would recommend to use a very light coat of balm before applying this as it tends to dry my lips ever so slightly but on the plus side the dryness allows the product to last much longer on your lips than non drying formulations. Sarah G lipsticks are £8 or €9.51.


Sarah G Cosmetics Lipstick Shade 107 "Pink Lady"

I also purchased the "Superlash" Macara in black. I love big wands on mascara as I think they give great volume and this wand is right up my alley. The only problem with this is that its very hard to get in the inner corners of the lashes and also the bottom lashes but I have mastered a technique. When I first got this mascara I found it was very wet and kind of hard to work with because it seemed to clump on the second coat because it was so wet. So I decided to leave it for a few days and go back to it and when I went back to it I was very happy to find that it dried out slightly and now it is much easier to use and I love using it now. The wand really helps add volume to the lashes and it gives great length too when you build it up. It clumps a very small bit but nothing that cannot be sorted by brushing the lashes through with a lash comb. I really like that this mascara is black black and so adds depth and drama to your lashes. A great buy in my eyes! This mascara is £12 or €14.27. 

Sarah G Cosmetics Superlash Mascara in Black

I did also get some glitters and glitter fix but I haven't really used this much but plan to use them alot in the Autumn/Winter so I will be sure to let you all know what I think of them. 

Overall I am very happy with my purchases and I even included "The Face Kit" in my August Favourites as really thats the only thing I reached for when doing my eyes, contouring and cheeks for the month of August...that must say something in itself. All products can be purchased from Sarah's online store or you can visit Sarah G Cosmetics on Facebook. Sarah is so professional and so helpful so if you have any questions for her be sure to ask. She is also a makeup artist in the UK so if you are following my blog from there be sure to check her out the next time you need your makeup done professionally.

I am really excited to see what else Sarah has to offer and will definitely let you all know of any future purchases. 

Have a wonderful day and Love to you all xxxx

1 comment: